Riding in your car should be a comfortable experience no matter the season. Keep your vehicles coolant system working great by keeping up with your vehicles manufacturers recommended maintenance.
- serpentine belt
- cooling sensor
- heater core
- heater hoses
- radiator cap
- radiator hoses
- radiator fan/fan clutch
- water pump
- fan belts
HOW DOES YOUR VEHICLE GENERATE HEAT?
The heat that is generated by your engine is used to warm the air that flows into the passenger compartment to a comfortable temperature.
How do I know if there is a problem?
- Temperature light may come on
- Temperature gauge readout is out of normal range
- Heater does not produce heat
WHAT KIND OF MAINTENANCE SHOULD I BE DOING?
Coolant (or anti-freeze) protects your engine from overheating and from freezing. Check your owner’s manual or contact your mechanic for the manufacturer recommendations for replacement of the anti-freeze in your vehicle. This can be performed as a "drain and fill” or you may choose to have a complete flush of the radiator system that typically includes the following:
- Complete inspection of radiator system
- Pressure test the system to check for leaks
- Add flush chemicals to the radiator
- Power flush system
- Refill system with anti-freeze
- Add sealant/lubricant as needed
Eugen's Auto Sales and Repairs in Northeast Philadelphia services the needs of Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, and New Jersey.